Monday, October 31, 2011

Tree, wallet and almost a not yet a Video

Hi there,

This time just in time :).

First of all I wanted to show a new sketch of which I already showed the plans.
This is called "tree":


Click here to go to the sketch (My computer doesn't like this site because of all the Java here).

"Tree" is my first program that is made to make a specific image that will vary little each time you run it. My roommate even thought that it is just an animation, but actually every time you run it it is slightly different.
In the end I want to have something that changes every time you play it, but is basically still the same. Only the branches change and the colours of the leaves will change. And it will be nice to see how the tree grows to its full self. Maybe something like a background or screensaver.

I also worked on my wallet, which still isn't finished... But now I used some fake leather from an old bag from my sister, to make the following version:





It is almost completely black except on the 'wrong' side of the leather and the dark grey patches of the felt. I guess that the final version of the wallet will get thicker than this one. This because the leather is still to weak to keep the shape, so the weight of the coins always kind of distort the shape of the wallet. I hope that tougher and thicker leather will help agains that :).

So I hope to buy some leather this week and to make the new wallet! :)

Lastly I wanted to work on a video, which I already shot but now need to edit. but apparently the codex of the camera is very difficult. it is AVCHD which Adobe CS3 doesn't like, so I needed to find another program to convert it :(... I found Elecard Converter Studio AVCHD edition,and I got the demo edition. It works fine (up to now :) ) and I converted all my video files for this small movie.
But then When I was playing with AE I found that it needs lots of RAM (Who would have though!?!?!) to use these shots, so now process is very slow, and I'm thinking of adding 1 GB of RAM to my laptop to get a little bit more space to work with. Hopefully I will have a bit faster computer and have a video soon! so fingers crossed :).

Cheers!
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment