Monday, October 24, 2011

phew....

Ok, I thought that I would make more posts from last post on, but I guess I was wrong...

The thing is that working, and looking for a graduation project is quite time consuming, not that I didn't do things, but I thought that I could better spend my time on working on projects then on blogging... but yeah.... Documentation is needed in order to progress I guess so I should blog to document.

Another thing is that I wanted to show something finished, but my "Love" sketch is far from completion, it might actually never see the light, and other projects are also a bit dragging on. And other ideas pop up that I also want to start.... this combined with less time creates some awful conflicts.

First of all, I wanted to start making videos since I have a harddrive now that has 40 times more space than my laptop. I captured some shots of me and Aurora cooking, and now I need to process the video to be able to edit it in After Effects :D. Hopefully this will be done in a week, so I guess it'll take about a month :).

Second of all, I need a new wallet. This might not seem as the most awesome comment on this blog but this meant an awesome opportunity to create my own. Aurora already wanted to make a new one from some leather parts that she still had so about a month and a half we started sewing and cutting! And after a day I had this thing:

This is the folded side, It is kept closed by a elastic band, Moleskine style!

Here is it opened, a lot of felt is used, which makes it a bit thick.

And that is the biggest problem with this wallet, it is really thick... And I just started seeing the awesome wallet from Hard graft (http://www.hardgraft.com/products/phonefoldwallet-allgrey) which I really like and kind of want to recreate. So I started out with a paper protoype:

This was just the main idea of how I wanted to create my wallet and where everything was located. But of course the dimensions were a bit crappy so I made another one:

This one has its dimensions based on the size of normal credit cards, debit card or any other card that you find nowadays. This seemed the right size, so I grabbed a crappy jeans and cut it to pieces! ha! :) and I sewed this thing together to see how it would look, feel and work:


I've been walking with it for about a week now and it seems to work quite well... The only two things that don't really work are the coins part and the mulitple cards part. The coins fall out if you're not carefull, and the cards won't move when you pull the cord. but that is fine, I'll try to make it better:).
Next version will be looking better and will hopefully more practical.

So now that "Love" won't come along very fast I started looking at other ideas, and on notcot.org I found a video with this image:

link http://www.notcot.org/post/43731/
It is a a tree with lots of leaves, and it looks very peaceful. So I started sketching and I made these two sketches:


They show the process of how I want it to animate and start.


And another small news item is that I might have a graduation project!!! but hopefully more about that soon! :)

cheers!
and untill soon!
frank

No comments:

Post a Comment