Monday, October 3, 2011

Scribbling

Long time no see! :) Not that there is anyone to see,... but you know... for etiquettes terms :)


I went further with the processing sketches of my logo. And after showing it to some friends and seeing some cool logo designs I decided I should take it a bit further. I saw the logo designs that look like they are sketched and I thought that that might be a nice effect to achieve in a Processing sketch.

So I let the lines be scribbles, and created a new effect.

So above is the sketch which shows this. the lines are now scribbles that move everywhere, and also create some white spots when they are not there. And the lines "deflect" from the white areas so you can almost see them bounce :) This effect also makes it more apparent that it isn't just some lines underneath a white layer, but now they actually show that there is an immage underneath.

To let it work with other images I decided to change the sketch a little bit. The first logo lines sketch looked if there isn't a white pixel, and if there isn't one, it shows the pixel that is underneath it.

Now I let the point register it's first pixel colour, and then let it move and see what kind of colour there is on the new pixel. If that pixel colour doesn't differ to much it will paint it's registered colour. If the colour differs to much it will move towards its old pixel and try another direction.

This will create the effect that the scribbles can stay inside some colour.

This I had to try out with some pictures:

This is the real sketch showing what it can do. Places are picked and then the points move.

I almost made some others:



This shows how different image types can be used with this sketch! :)


Okay, so enough for this week.

Next week I hopefully will continue with the BEAM bot and with the LOVE sketch :)


cheers!

frank

No comments:

Post a Comment