Wednesday, September 21, 2011

love and logo

Hello!


This week I tried to do a bit more in Procesing, and I made some stuff. First thing that I did was make a logo. This came as a part for an idea for a business card and new website. The idea included a style for the font type and style of the logo.

The logo was first a flat image like this:

But when I made the sketch, the sketch lines made me think I could probably make this something interesting in processing, and probably something cool for on a website. So after a day (Yup it really took that long! I got really bad in processing...) I created this:


It is essentially an image with a set of dots moving over it. When they don't encounter a white pixel it continues and shows the pixel in the colour that it finds. So this is how it builds up to the full image. CLick to start it over again.

Next I will probably let the dots start and take the first colour it finds and then check if the next pixel doesn't change to much. This way you can probably use this sketch with other images as photos.


I also continued with Love. After experimenting a lot with the gravitation between the two dots I started over. It was getting to complicated so now it is very simple, but it is a bit closer then when I first made it.


When you click the sketch the dots and their connection is shown. here you can see that only 2 dots are connected and attract only each other. I really like this effect and I hope that I can develop it further into the sketch that I want it to be.


I also continued a bit with my BEAM bot. I find that it only moves when it is in bright sunlight, and this is probably because the FLED already works when there is 0.7V which is just to little for my motor. Apparently there is a Voltage checker which lets a current flow when there is 2.5V but it is a bit expensive. (Just 1.50 Euro but I expected it a bit more towared the 50 Cents.)

This voltage checker can let the capacitor build the voltage and let it go so that even when the light isn't that bright the engine will still work a bit.

But luckily next weekend I get my first salary So Then I can buy it + I can buy a new Hard drive!!!! which will make it possible for me to use the movies that I made with my HD cam and also lets me make new movies!!!! yeah!!! :) Finally I can show some things in a new light :).


So look forward to the next week!

I will :)


cheers,

Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment