Friday, September 16, 2011

Solar Engine

So,...

I ordered some components to make a Solar engine which can be used in a BEAM bot. I wanted to have a solar cell, and I wanted to have all the components ready to make a Solar engine. This so I can experiment later with components that I will scavenge from old electronics.

I finally got it (actually I got them pretty quickly..) and I put all the components on my breadboard right away.


And it works! First I had some troubles finding out how to put the FLED (Flashing LED) because it worked both ways :). But finally after some research I found out that it was placed the right way on the first time, so yay me! :).

I only used it in my room so far and I found out that it only works when it is exposed to direct sunlight. This is behind a window. This gave me the idea to create a sun chime, that reacts to the sunlight instead of a wind chime that reacts to the wind. But I need to see how I can best do this.

Also a room mate right away thought it might be useful in his window garden, because the more the sun shines, the more the plants need water. So if this thing pumps water when the sun shines, the plants will be taken care of! :) I need to see If this is possible to do! :) for my own mint plant that still isn't really doing well..


The 'Love' processing sketch is coming along bit by bit. Last time I worked on it I found out that I really need to work out how to create a good gravity system. but I have some good ideas so hopefully I can make that this weekend. And then I can post a little sketch with 2 points. which will later evolve into a bigger system.


Take care, have a nice weekend and see you next week!

frank

No comments:

Post a Comment