Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sungreeter experiment

Ok,.. so...


I tested the sungreeter in the setup inspired by Zimoun. But... it scared the hell out of me. around 5:50 in the morning hell broke loose as the little string started to hit my desk, which was actually the plan. But during the day it didn't make a lot of sound. But now in the morning it made a hell of a noise! So I stopped it.


i started to reconsider.. what else can it do? I started to make plans of attaching a fan that would blow onto a windchime in order to make it make some delicate sounds. But the problem was that I don't have a fan which i could use. But I liked the plan so I started to work.

First I needed some sound generators, for the 'clings' and 'clangs'. On my room I found some empty (washed :)) beer bottles and I attached some string to them.


Then I hung them up so they almost touched each other and my desk:


And I put the motor to it so I would have a sort of fan but less windy... more a ringer or something...


And the result last night was mostly the same. Lots of noise and no pleasant waking. Also this time it started to work at 5:45, which was earlier! ah well..

So now the plan is to create more something like a wind chime and make the middle part, that touches the sound generators, move. Hopefully this will make a calmer sound which will be more relaxing :).

ok, that was it. for now.

hopefully next Time i'll have something more like a windchime.... ish thing...

cheers,

frank

No comments:

Post a Comment