Monday, June 13, 2011

New site, new look

Hey, fancy eh?


Yupp, that's right.. Monk-eh is now completely changed! Well,... not completely, but considerably.

The thing is: now that I finished my internship, I need a portfolio to find a graduation project. And when I looked at what I had until now, it was a bit,.. mew.... not that exiting. So with my new found skills I pushed the graphics a bit, and made the most of what I already had. So it is more a 'restyling' (mew-word) than a redesign.


So now every picture has a shadow and the blocks have rounded corners. I changed the proportions of the pictures a bit, so the dimensions of everything make more sense. And I added the FancyZoom zoom function:


It looks rather nicely aye?

but... As always. not everything is as awesome as it seems. In Operah everything looks great, in Firefox the rounded corners are gone so it looks a bit worse and Internet Explorer just ignores everything and scares all the pretty shadows and rounded corners away. Mean Internet Explorer! (Damn Bully).


But at the moment it works on all browsers, which is most important, and maybe later, when I'm more experienced in coding websites (when ever.) I'll build a better one that is the same on all browsers! ha! :)

My brother visited my in Delft and I showed him my Arduino projects and awesome programming skills. And he decided to give me a book about how to program in Java. Which is quite handy since processing also works on Java. So this is probably good to know the basics. He also gave me his old Mulitmeter, which will be amazingly handy trying to understand all the components that come with the arduino! ha! :)


Ah well, hopefully my website will be up tomorrow or the day after tomorrow (probably the day after tomorrow ;) ). I'll let you know :)

see you around! :D

bye,

Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment