Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lots to say

Hi there!

My last two weeks have been pretty eventful which left me little time to do anything about this blog or experiments with Arduino. More specifically, it didn't leave me any time. But stuff happened.

First of all my internship at Studio Sophisti has ended. It it's kind of sad because I did a lot of cool stuff there and the guys that work there are also cool. But hey, like they say: all good things come to an end. And this one didn't end to badly :). The last week was filled with completing and finalizing a new product. And I as a gift I got an HD recorder:


:D

Already my digital SLR and HD Recorder are good friends. I've already made tons of movies, which make absolutely no sense or are complete crap, but it is nice to figure it out and see what works good. And it is also good for me to make presentation video for products and, of course, for this blog it might also be a good thing :).

Besides this I had some sort of revelation, thinking about how new technologies take interacting with interfaces to a new level. (Kinect, multitouch and other things.) It made me wonder if all buttons are going to disappear. And if so, will this be regrettable? I mean, every product that we use during the day has a button of some sort which activates some sort of activity. it's amazing how many buttons there have been made and how many design principles are connected to them. There are probably tons of philosophies talking about buttons!

It made me think that I want to write an essay about it :). I've got no clue where it might go, but I think it will be interesting :).


Talking about buttons: I was thinking there are one-button-games like canabalt. There is even an MMO one-button-game! Maybe there should be one button products!, there probably are already a lot of them, coffee-machine (the filter ones) (I can't think of others...maybe a water boiler, OH!!!! and lights! :D ). And I thought it might be cool to think what you can do with just one button. How complex can you make something?

I'm curious as well as exited about this :). we'll see where this is going. But it is nice to have some new ideas to work on. (even though I still have a lot to still work out!)

any way,

hopefully until a few days!

frank

No comments:

Post a Comment