Sunday, March 13, 2011

misc

okay, so Now I can finally show you the pictures! :)

This is the picture of the little motor with the wire around it. This was my way of making sure it worked and to see how long it would turn.



If you look carefully here you can see the spindle wher the wire comes from. You can also see my grass green carpet and the mess that is currently part of my room :).

Anyway, I decided to stop these experiments as it only resulted in not really going anywhere fast. So as I now had a speaker at my service I decided I test it. So this is a really cool picture, which hopefully shows you my setup.

There is the headphone speaker, the light sensor and way in the back the Arduino :). (A bit vague though...) It's kind of fun to play with this set up because it is very interactive, as it reacts on your hand, and even better on a small flash light.

here's a video to proof it :)

Arduino soundcheck from FrankBorsboom on Vimeo.

I like the high pitched sound that you get with the flashlight. It could of sounds like a way to scratch :) Yeah, DJ monk-eh in tha house!.

pffff.... that was stupid...

I also went ahead and tried a little bit of VVVV. in the last tutorial (which comes way to fast! I need more tutorials!) I needed to make some squares react to my mouse. Apparently this was really easy with the help of a function which gives you the length of the distance between the mouse and the squares.

But it is quite hard with this program to find good documentation so I need to figure out how to proceed with it. I already found a way to use my webcam so now I want something to react on that input (Maybe the squares again?) but I don't know how...

I guess that people use MAX for this reason, (the documentation). hopefully I'll find more things to do with VVVV.

This little program made me look:

http://ertdfgcvb.com/p2/puddle_builder_03

And makes me think about using processing more often to make something like graphs... or something. I don't know yet. What I need is a goal! :) :)

hopefully till next week!

frank

cheers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment