Sunday, February 27, 2011

Success!

Hi There!


So I wanted to put my IKEA adapter to the task of powering the Arduino. But this kind of failed as apparently it only provides 4,8V Which is of course not enough. But fear not Luck was on my side as I found out that the adapter from my Harddrive is exactly right for the Arduino.

So I tested my prototype! And it worked! :D The first day I tried it it started to turn around 7:45 and was still turning when I left around 8. And in the afternoon about 17:00 I got a call from a roommate that it was turning! So, if it stopped turning in between, it did work! But my roommate also asked if he should stop it as one of the gears pushed itself out and now it was just making a lot of noise. So he pulled the plug and the experiment stopped.


So this was the end of this.

I found out that in the code I ask it to run on 20% of all the light that it receives. So if it maps out all the received light it starts turning on the bottom 10 % and stop at the bottom 30%.


This makes it turn for a very long time (at least longer than 15 minutes) which is longer than I envisioned it working. So now I changed the code so it will only run on 5%, and we'll see how that goes.

So this is what I'm going to test this week. And then I'll stop with this experiment And wait for summer since I don't notice it turning when I'm home, Since I leave before it the sun is really up and back after the sun is down. Maybe this is more a summer experiment.


This week I will think of things to do with the speaker and see if I can make it react to different types of sensors. or maybe use it as a sensor. :)

Yeah not to brilliant yet, but hopefully it will be interesting :).


ah well cheers!

frank

No comments:

Post a Comment