Friday, February 4, 2011

First prototype almost finished!!!

Woohooo!


I've seen the first magic!!! and it was... well magicall.. actually it wasn't that magical but it was cool to see :). ....

Does it make sense? no it doesn't, or at least I don't.... Damn Coffee, (Coffee is gooood) but I had to much of it....


Anyway (I seem to use this word to much lets use something else) However, I promised to show some drawings that I made:

This is a black and white drawing of a Camera (I hoped you already got that :) ) It is a copy ofa picture which i placed on the black paper using chalk and then filled in with white chalk and pencil.

This is a front and top view of a Philips tape player (How do you call these things?) and this is the drawing that took like 20 hours to complete, but I like it. I like the detail on it and the way the crayons and marker came out.


Enough with the drawings!!! and on with the prototyping (although drawing is fun to do two :) ). Remember the set up I made last week? yes? (If not check the last post) well, I found out it will not work, the motor needs way too much power to get started so it actually asked to much of my USB port forcing to shut down my beloved laptop in a rather unloving way. Luckily my laptop is fine, and I seem to be recovering from the shock as well. :)

So it was time for a new plan. I got the motor from an old CD-rom, and I still had all the other components which also included some nice gears :). after experimenting a bit I found that the easiest way to use these was just to add a stick to it that can hit into things, like bells or hollow tubes tubes. But maybe I will add some paper things, so I will sound like the rustling of the wind through a grass field :). Very relaxing :).

After trying out a couple of ways to let the motor run on 3 V I found out that the easiest way is a relay, Which I use now in this set up. Though somehow I wouldn't run on a normal digital 1, which should be a constant 5V, So maybe I'll get into that because it would be nice if I wouldn't need to use a Relay, and could just use the Arduino.

So here is the prototype:


Next I want to buy a 9V battery so I can try it out for about a week to see how well it works.


see you next week!

ciao!

frank

No comments:

Post a Comment