Sunday, January 16, 2011

Deadlines deadlines deadlines deadlines deadlines.....

Hi there,

sorry... I didn’t really have time to do anything this week since there is a big deadline coming up with a project and I really needed all my time on it.

But hey, it was to be expected,,... and.. somethings did happen!

First of all I saw this documentary about Arduino which is really cool! :) watch it !!

Arduino The Documentary (2010) English HD from gnd on Vimeo.

The other thing that happened is that I now know what I want to do! yep that’s it now I finally have something to go for.

What I want to do is create more lively interactions. Let this be plant life, animal life or maybe a bit more jellyfish kind of interaction :) Whatever that means :).

uhm,... as an example there is this video:

TROBLION from stschwabe on Vimeo.

It is a ball that rolls itself into the thick wet mud until the mud is to thick, then it starts to shake the mud of and begins again. This is kind of what I would like to do... create something that can go on on itself (until it runs out of batteries :)).

But that is not all, or maybe: what I want to do is a bit different, here I sketched some initial thoughts... Not that good but I haven’t had a lot of time to think about it :).


They are more machines that react to a person in a lifelike fashion. Instead of just being a machine they will hopefully display some living emotions... no not emotions, the experience should be like that of an encounter with a life being. or something J not completely sure about it yet.

And... I don’t know yet what this would do, in a design kind of way. I mean, I don’t know why this would be necessary, but maybe it shouldn’t be necessary, it is just an exploration into an unknown world for me, so let’s see where we will end up :) Being explorers! yeah1 :)

Ok I guess that this is it for now, so Hopefully I can show something more interesting next week, maybe more drawings, and some more arduino things or stuff..

so ciao! :)

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment