Monday, January 24, 2011

Deadlines almost done, but no worries anymore :)

Phew..... The big Deadline is done, and with success (not completely expected) since the company was happy with it :).

On Wednesday we finished the deadline, and I really want to post some awesomeness, but I can't, not yet really...

But I can post something, first of all I finished almost all the tutorials! As I wanted to more the physical interaction stuff I didn't do the communications part yet, but that will come when it will be necessary :).

The last tutorial I did is the one where a LED glow brighter according to the amount of the light a light sensor sees. But the weird thing was that the LED is glows brighter as there is more light, But who needs light when there is already light? Makes no sense right? :) So I turned it around and this is the result:

with enough light.

without enough light.

The cool thing about this tutorial is that the program first takes 5 seconds to calibrate itself and set a highest and lowest value for the amount of light which can be very interesting in future projects :).

I also started a bit with experimenting, because I still had some DC motors lying around. This DC motor in particular is a 3V motor but apparently it can also take 5V output, so I hope it will survive future experiments.

ANYWAY... I attached it to the Arduino and also attached a potmeter to control it. And guess what?? it worked!!! :D

not rotating.

rotating.

Now what i want to do is create a system where the motor can turn both ways as this might be a bit more useful. But to do this I need to buy some tin and a soldering thing... you know... that kind of thing.... bleh...

Well that's it for now.... not really impressive but at least it is progress and that is what counts right?

see you next (or actually this, since this is a late post) week! :)

cheers!

take care,

frank

No comments:

Post a Comment