Thursday, March 8, 2012

Watch.... progress

Hi!

First I want to show you some awesome stuff that I found the last couple of days.


The first one is Transcendenz, I only saw the movie, but it is a really cool concept of how to let the user investigate philosophy and the world around him and her. I'm not sure if this product would be used for a very long time, but it seems like an interesting concept that might also work on a smartphone.


This video is also really cool. I like the conceptual or human touch to the data by which it completely transforms. ah well, it is cool :) not much to say :).


And here is an Awesome lamp!!! I like the contrast between the two materials and the form language.


Okay, and lastly this awesome project should come out soon (or at least I hope :) ). It's called Piccolo and is basically a very small CNC machine. Though I don't think that you can use it for tooling, but I guess it will be awesome to create processing sketches for it! I can't wait!

Right, now for my own project, the watch:


Lately I've been telling how I was cutting small pieces that would fit together to create the body of the watch. This takes a lot of time to create manually, I tried to do this in this way to kind of recreate the laser cutting look, which I somehow was going for. But after weeks of sometimes working on it I got tired of it.


So I did it another way which takes less time and gives a better result! Win/Win!!! So now I should plaster the whole thing to create a smooth finish and spray it white. Then I'll add the wooden sides and bottom. You'll see how it will be finished. Just wait :).

But it will have to wait a little because this weekend I'm going to Berlin to visit a friend.
:D

so see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment