Tuesday, July 19, 2011

processing, longboard and the guidelines

Hi there!

Last night I had this thing in my head and I needed to make it:


It's a quadrilateral, a four sided polygon, which corners change every cycle and outline changes colour. You probably won't believe how long it took me to get this right, because I wanted the colours to change into one another smoothly. But the sinus gave me lots of troubles! After a while I even decided to plot the sinus function in the sketch to see if it was right, and after some slight alterations it became right :) It had something to do with the syntax....:

After showing it to a roommate he thought it would be cool to make it look like a view on a pyramid! So we tried it out:


This was also easy to do. And fun to see the effect :). but after lunch I thought I might be better to make it a bit slower and to make it move a little nicer. So now per cycle only one corner moves and has a delay of 10 miliseconds... :


Nicer eh?

anyway this was just for fun, I think I will have lots of fun this holiday on working on newer and cooller things :).

I also worked on my longboard! Because Last picture I showed it was still under a few kilos of sand and a wooden shoe! (how Dutch! :) ) But after this stage I needed to saw it, here was my set up:


Everything went fine! except that I don't really have carpenters hands so the lines aren't that straight, so don't be surprised I you find a few bumps :) :


I also needed to sand it to get some nice edges on which you can't cut your hands:


So now the deck is almost complete! I can stand on it (I tried it with books instead of wheels :) ) and it only bends a little negative, But Aurora can stand on it and it remains flat! :) So it will probably become her longboard :).

The only thing that I found was at the tail the two layers of wood didn't connect that well, and you see a gap in the epoxy:


I don't think it is to bad because I'm sure that there is epoxy in between, but still it isn't really nice yet...

So now I need to buy truck, bearings and wheels, but my research has shown that that will amount to about 130 Euros, which, incidentally, I don't have :( so I still need to wait until I can use it.

Which sucks.... But When I have the money I will make an awesome video :D and another one I think :) that is better fitted to my weight :)


Another thing that I want to do is to create 10 posters of things that I learned about designing. I want to do it in the style of this tutorial of computerarts.co.uk and I think it will be cool, but first I need to find out what I have learned :). But I think it is a good thing to do before I start my graduation project :).

So that was it for now,

See you next week!

frank

No comments:

Post a Comment